click here to enlarge
What You Need to Know!
• You can't tell whether building materials contain asbestos just by looking at them!
• If you are in doubt, it is best to assume that you are dealing with asbestos and take every precaution
• The safest way to manage the removal of asbestos is to hire a licenced asbestos removal contractor
• Where asbestos fibres are loose and not bonded into building materials, you must use a professional licenced asbestos removal service
• There are government regulations and your local council may also have policies regarding the removal of asbestos
If you are thinking about renovating, you must be aware of asbestos. It is important for home owners and renovators to be aware of how to safely manage asbestos in and around the home.
Importantly, if you suspect you have asbestos in your home, Don't cut it! Don't drill it! Don't drop it! Don't sand it! Don't saw it! Don't scrape it! Don't scrub it! Don't dismantle it! Don't tip it! Don't waterblast it! Don't demolish it! And whatever you do... Don't dump it!
© 2011 - 2013 Asbestos Education Committee